top of page

- A Guide to Deferred Juvenile Removal

DACA - A Guide to Deferred Juvenile Removal

1. Were you under the age of 31 on June 15, 2012?
2. Were you at least 15 years old when you submitted your application? *Age Limit Exception: If you are under the age of 15 but are in deportation proceedings, have a final deportation order, or have been ordered to voluntarily leave the country and are not in an immigration detention facility, you may apply for DACA.
3. Were you younger than 16 when you moved to the United States?
4. Did you continue to live in the United States (without leaving the United States) before June 15, 2007?
5. Were you actually in the US on June 15, 2012?
6. Were you physically in the United States when you applied for DACA?
7. Were you living as an undocumented (unlawful) person on June 15, 2012?
8. Do you have any of the following situations? - I am currently attending school. or - Graduated from a public or private high school or neutral school. or - received the GED. or - Have you been honorably discharged from the US Coast Guard or military?
9. Being under serious police scrutiny, going to prison, or
Received a ticket or court summons, talked to a police officer, or was otherwise offended
Have you never done anything?
10. Have you ever been accused by the police of being a member of or associated with a criminal organization?
11. Have you ever been charged with engaging in any activity that threatens the United States (eg terrorism or espionage)?

You must provide documentation to support your answers to these questions.
It's good to find out which method works best for you, for example:
(This list is intended as a guide and is not intended to be exhaustive).
To prove your identity and age (including proof that you are under the age of 31), please submit: - Certified copy of birth certificate (if not in English, a translation must be submitted) OR - Copy of birth certificate (if no official certificate is available) OR - Valid passport copy OR - Expired passport copy (additional identification must be submitted together) OR
- A copy of a valid consulate-issued identity document or
  - An expired consulate-issued identification card or
- Copy of valid student ID or
- Copy of expired student ID or
- Copies of photo identification documents issued by DHS; or
  - Other official identification documents with photo
(1) came to the United States before the age of 16;
(2) have continuously lived in the United States for 13 consecutive years (from June 15, 2007 to the present); and
(3) To prove that you were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, please provide:
- Full school report card (cumulative report card is helpful) or
- Copies of medical records (including immunization records); or
- Copies of financial records (including bank statements/cheques, rent, utility or credit card bills); or
- Copies of employment records (including tax returns); or
  - Copies of military records; or
- Copies of other records [cell phone records, sports or school club records, chronological records of membership, church records (baptism, sacrament or confirmation records)]; or
- Copies of community service documents or
- Out-of-court Affidavit** - **Must be submitted with other supporting documents.
Please provide the following to prove that you are currently attending school or completing a GED program, have a high school diploma or certificate of completion of high school courses, have a GED, or have been honorably discharged from the military.
- A high school diploma or certificate of completion; or
  - A copy of your GED certificate or
- Copies of proof of enrollment in the GED program or other educational program, or copies of transcripts; or
- Copies of transcripts (if official copies do not need to be sealed copies) or
- Copies of military records
Additional helpful documents: If you have past immigration information, please provide:
- Legal entry documents (Visa, I-94 U.S. immigration card) or
- A copy of your immigration application to DHS; or
- Provide copies of deportation proceedings from DHS and immigration courts, or if you left the United States after June 15, 2007:
- a copy of your travel document; and
- Documentation explaining or explaining your absence


4055 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 244 
Los Angeles, CA 90010 

Phone : 213-263-2636

bottom of page